LIVE FROM NEW YORK CITY!
Tuesday, November 29
#GivingTuesday is a globally recognized day dedicated to giving back. Occurring on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, it builds on the momentum of Black Friday and Cyber Monday with a mission to ignite people’s generosity.
GIV.NYC 2016, hosted by Givkwik, is aligned with #GivingTuesday and it’s our take on the day. It’s a live event that’s the culmination of and a complement to an online campaign. Companies, causes, and individuals meet up for personal connection, giving, and creating meaningful social impact. Our 2016 campaign “Building Bridges” is intended to create participation and healthy competition from across all five boroughs of New York City.
The evening is salon-style, bringing together nonprofits, donors, philanthropists, and anyone who loves to support great causes and have a great time. Ten selected nonprofits (2 from each borough) will give a 2-minute pitch about their cause and attendees will vote for their favorite to receive a grant. Entertainment, artists, food, and beverage will add to the social atmosphere.
#GivingTuesday is November 29, 2016 and GIV.NYC 2016 will take place at Impact Hub NYC, 394 Broadway, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10013.
In 2015, our event drew 402+ registered attendees, plus a live stream audience and online supporters. The top ten nonprofit finalists received over $16,000 in grants and the “winning” charity, as voted by the audience, walked away with $10,000. See it here.
HOW IT WORKS
Nonprofits are invited to register with Givkwik (starting September 15) and to start promoting their campaign right away. Nonprofits should rally their supporters and the general public to get as many votes as possible to become one of the top ten finalists. The top ten nonprofits with the most votes at Noon on November 29 will be selected to pitch their cause that night at the live event. Voting will continue until midnight on November 29 and winners will be announced the next day. Learn more about nonprofit registration and selection.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Registration for nonprofits is free and opens September 22. The sooner you register, the sooner you can promote your campaign and start getting votes. Sign up today!
Does your company love to support great causes? Join GIV.NYC 2016 as a corporate sponsor and your donation can make a difference in helping a nonprofit achieve its mission. Information on sponsorship levels and benefits is here.
Volunteers and other partners help make GIV.NYC 2016 a success by providing needed resources. Contact us today to see how you can help.
You hold the power to determine which nonprofits make it to the top 10 and who wins a grant. How? Share the campaign on Facebook and Twitter, join us for the live event, vote for your favorite nonprofit, starting Election Day, November 8, donate to a cause, get friends and family involved.
NONPROFIT REGISTRATION & SELECTION PROCESS
Nonprofits, increase your visibility in the months leading up to and including #GivingTuesday by participating in this very public, dynamic campaign. Givkwik connects you with communities and companies to expand your potential donor base. Our corporate sponsors fund matching grants, engage their employees, and offer skills-based volunteering to participating organizations. By proactively promoting your involvement and rallying your constituents, you can share in the grant pool and engage new donors. Participation is free.
Registration opens September 22 and closes October 21.
There are several phases of voting and selection.
- Phase 1: 9/22-10/21
- Launch—nonprofits invited to register
- Phase 2: 10/31
- Selection—Givkwik to review, approve, and notify nonprofits of participation
- Phase 3: 11/1-11/7
- Campaign promotion
- Phase 3A: 11/8-11/14
- Voting—all nonprofits; top 25 selected
- Phase 3B: 11/15-11/21
- Voting—top 25 nonprofits; top 10 selected
- Phase 3C: 11/22
- Notification—top 10 nonprofits prepare for live event
- Phase 4: 11/29
- Event night—top-10 nonprofits pitch at live event; attendees vote; voting continues through 11:59:59pm
- Phase 5: 11/30
- Winners announced
NONPROFIT SELECTION CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE INTO THE CAMPAIGN
- NYC-based (location, programming, serving NYC)
- 501(c)3 incorporation
- Minimum 2 years in existence
- Operating budget under $10 million
- Good standing with IRS
Benefits for all participating nonprofits
- Opportunity to use Givkwik for year-end corporate campaigns
- Access to new/potential funders (individual and corporate)
- Potential to receive matching grants
- Free to join and free publicity
SPONSORSHIP LEVELS & BENEFITS
We love corporate sponsors! Your generous donation can make a big difference for nonprofits striving to do good with precious resources. And, when your employees get involved in determining where company dollars are placed, they can feel pride about their workplace and being connected with your social directives. Become a sponsor and help make GIV.NYC 2016 the place to be on November 29!
Sponsorship Levels & Benefits
Level 1: Presenting Sponsor ($20,000)
- $17,500 as Tax-Deductible Matching Grant + $2,500 for Services
- All Major benefits plus Event “Presented by” branding rights
- Lead branding visibility on web and promotional material
- Brand inclusion/“ad” on live stream
- Private VIP area for employees and guests
- Event admission for up to (15) guests
Level 2: Major Sponsor ($15,000)
- $13,000 as Tax-Deductible Matching Grant + $2,000 for Services
- All Title benefits plus Brand inclusion on digital projection/“scoreboard” onsite
- Event admission for up to (10) guests
Level 3: Title Sponsor ($10,000)
- $8,500 as Tax-Deductible Matching Grant + $1,500 for Services
- All Supporting benefits plus Logo on Step and Repeat banner
- Event admission for up to (8) guests
Level 4: Supporting ($5,000)
- $4,500 as Tax-Deductible Matching Grant + $500 for Services
- Brand inclusion on promotional material (i.e. web campaign, press release, post-event video)
- Join event advisory board
- Employees volunteer for event
- Opportunity to sponsor/donate in-kind items (t-shirts, food/beverage, media/PR)
WHO WE ARE
Givkwik is a purpose-driven software company. Our focus is on connecting companies, causes, and communities by simplifying philanthropy and creating greater impact.
Our technology and consulting services provide companies with customized platforms, charitable giving campaigns, employee engagement programs, data insights, dashboard reporting, and more.
- Jason Rosado, CEO/Founder
- Jorge Fontanez, Advisor
- Cyndie Burkhardt, Marketing/Project Director
- Vania Benavides, Social Media Manager